Country comes to town

The adventures of a fledgling Principal Teacher as she moves from rural to urban school life.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Posting via Firefox


I am trying out Firefox as my web browser. Now when I go to post in blogger there are a lot more options. I can use different texts change size and font and even change colour....pretty cool eh?
  • I can also make a bullet point list
  • Or a numbered one
  • Change to bold text
  • Or write in italics
I will also be able to create a link more easily!
Don't know if these are new features or why they don't appear when using Safari- better not go too wild as lots of annoying changes will just frustrate the reader. Now to post to see if it shows up on the blog.

The wee men in bowler hats have been busy again.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:12 pm, Blogger marlyn moffat said…

    Great fun eh? You've gone the same route the children do with the glitter and sequins at Christmas, but I know you'll be toning down. I, of course, with the habits borne of my extra years, restricted myself to a little bold print:-) But wait till the children get their hands on....
    sunglasses standard issue eh?

     
  • At 6:59 am, Blogger John J said…

    Hi Morag,
    Safari doesn't support wysiwyg forms. Most other browsers do. Personally I switch back and forth between safari and Firefox, but end up with using Safari most of the time. What I like about Safari for blogging is the ability to copy a link as a hyperlink ready to paste into a blog given by SafariStand (I think).
    Performancing is a great Firefox extension for blogging. as is CoLT colt lets you copy link html too.

     
  • At 11:36 pm, Blogger Mrs Moffat said…

    John,
    Safari has been the comfort zone, but like everything else, Firefox has its new bits...little extensions for search and stuff...See Andrew's blog.
    Feels like I am running for the bus and never catching it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home